epc service providers around uk
Top EPC Tips
You have reached our domestic epc site.If you need a commercial epc for business premises please click here.
Select your area to find your local EPC provider.
An Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) is needed whenever a property is built, sold or rented. If you are selling or renting your property, you must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property for sale or rental.
Why let us provide your Energy Performance Certificate ?
All of our members are accredited to government standards to produce epc's. Members also set their own epc prices and unlike other national EPC providers we do not take any commission from the cost of your epc. This ensures that you get the lowest price possible for your energy performance certificate by booking direct with your local epc provider.
How to order an EPC
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) can only be produced by a qualified Domestic Energy Assessor who is a current member of one of the official accreditation bodies. All of our members are fully qualified, insured and accredited.
Use the menu in the left hand column to select your region and find The
EPC Man for your area. Simply call to discuss the cost and make an appointment for the assessor to carry out the EPC survey which on an average domestic property will take around 30 to 40 minutes.
The Energy Performance Certificate (epc) will be produced within 48 hours of this survey. This will then be sent by email to your agent or solicitor. You can also have a copy by email if required.
Please remember that you should organise your EPC before you market your property for sale or rental.
The EPC contains information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs as well as recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money.
An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and it is currently valid for 10 years.
Top Tips for a better EPC rating.
1. Try and make sure as many of your fixed light fittings as possible have low energy lamps fitted.
2. If you have a hot water tank, make sure there is plenty of insulation around it. Good insulation can make a significant difference to the rating.
3. Loft insulation. If we cannot see the loft is insulated because either we cannot gain loft access or because the loft is boarded over please have any paperwork available to prove loft insulation is fitted.
4. If you have cavity wall insulation which is not visible due to rendering etc, make sure you have the paperwork available.
5. If your double glazed windows were fitted after 2002 and the date is not visible in the units, please have paperwork available to show the installation date.
6. Boiler information: We will try to establish the exact make and model of the gas or oil heating boiler. Where this is possible, the exact efficiency of the boiler can be established. This is likely to be higher than the software default setting for that type of boiler. Establishing the boilers details from visual inspection can be difficult, so please have any information manuals or service history available.
Select your county from the left hand menu to find your local epc provider. Please note, no fees are added to the epc cost by using this website. You will deal directly with our local member ensuring you get the best price available for your EPC.
The EPC Man is a Registered Trade Mark · Copyright © 2013 by theepcman.co.uk · All Rights reserved · Powered by TheEPCMan.co.uk
The EPC Man
BOOK AN EPC
select your location
BOOK AN EPC
A network of qualified and fully accredited
epc providers around the UK
Find The EPC Man For Your Area By Using The Left Hand Menu
CLICK ON THE MAP TO FIND
YOUR LOCAL EPC PROVIDER
The EPC Man is a Registered Trade Mark · Copyright © 2013 by theepcman.co.uk · All Rights reserved · Powered by
Top EPC Tips
Information for DEA's
Are you a domestic energy assessor ?
We are, and we run this site as DEA's, we understand your business.
We are looking to link up with one Energy Assessor in each area of the UK.
You can now become The EPC Man for your area.
For more information on how to join our successful network of over 700 epc websites throughout the UK and to get your own exclusive area and professional epc provider web site click here or call Martin on 07813 035717.
NEW MAP FACILITY !
Click on the map above to locate your nearest epc provider.
Or use the left hand menu.
for some really useful tips from The EPC Man on how to obtain a better EPC rating click below.